The US Department of State has chosen Partners of the Americans to implement an exchange between the United States and Paraguay.
- The central theme to the Paraguay program is Environment and Climate Change complemented with the sub-themes of Dialogue and Debate, Community Service and Leadership Development
- The program will include 21 U.S. participants (18 youth and 3 adult mentors) traveling to Paraguay during July of 2013
- The delegation will first spend 5 days in Washington DC for the Leadership Program component
- The entire delegation of 21 participants will travel to three communities in Paraguay: Asuncion, Encarnación and Ciudad del Este for approximately 3 weeks.
- Partners will select youth from all states.
November – February: Recruitment
March – April: Selection
May – June: Orientation and Logistics
August – September: Follow-on