Posted on June 29, 2014 by jpoertner
The Kansas delegation of American Youth Leadership Program (AYLP) 2014, and family members, got acquainted June 23 evening. We appreciate the hospitality of KPP and especially Tina Williams at International House, Washburn University. Five youth from Topeka and Stilwell Kansas are part of 21 from 7 states who will travel to Washington and Paraguay during July. AYLP engages with new cultures to increase leadership skills and promote volunteer community service. It is funded by the US Dept. of State through Partners of the Americas. Comite Py Kansas will host in PY. Steve Richards is one of 3 mentors with the group.
Filed under: Civil Society, Kansas Youth Ambassadors, Partners of the Americas | Tagged: American Youth Leadership Program, Comite Py Kansas, Jay Newton, kansas paraguay partners, Partners fo the Americas, Steve Richards, Tina Williams, Tirzah Richards, Washburn University | Leave a comment »
Posted on September 22, 2012 by jpoertner
The US Department of State has chosen Partners of the Americans to implement an exchange between the United States and Paraguay.
- The central theme to the Paraguay program is Environment and Climate Change complemented with the sub-themes of Dialogue and Debate, Community Service and Leadership Development
- The program will include 21 U.S. participants (18 youth and 3 adult mentors) traveling to Paraguay during July of 2013
- The delegation will first spend 5 days in Washington DC for the Leadership Program component
- The entire delegation of 21 participants will travel to three communities in Paraguay: Asuncion, Encarnación and Ciudad del Este for approximately 3 weeks.
- Partners will select youth from all states.
November – February: Recruitment
March – April: Selection
May – June: Orientation and Logistics
August – September: Follow-on
If you have any questions regarding the American Youth Leadership Program, please contact Melissa Golladay at firstname.lastname@example.org or Abraham Cisne at email@example.com.
Filed under: High School Exchanges, Kansas Youth Ambassadors, Natural Resources, Paraguayan Youth Ambassadors, Partners of the Americas | Leave a comment »