2011 U.S. Youth Ambassadors Program
Apply to represent the United States as a Youth Ambassador for 4 weeks in the summer of 2011. Selected youth will travel to the Caribbean or Latin America on cultural exchange to learn about leadership and civic engagement!
Partners of the Americas, through a program funded by the United States Department of State, is looking for U.S. youth between the ages of 15 and 18. Your mission is to:
- § participate in promoting mutual understanding between the people of Latin America and the U.S.
- § develop a greater sense of civic responsibility and commitment to community development
- § build leadership capacity
- § foster relationships among youth from different ethnic, religious and national groups
- § explore local and national issues and become involved with or contribute to those issues
Selected youth will travel to Antigua and Barbuda, Chile, Ecuador, or Paraguay for 4 weeks in July and August 2011. While in the selected country, you will attend school, live with a host family, explore cultural and historic sites, participate in community service activities, attend workshops and plan a project to be implemented upon your return to the U.S.
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to participate:
- Be between 15-18 years old at date of travel (Summer 2011)
- Currently enrolled in a public high school. We strongly encourage Juniors and below to apply.
- Intermediate level of Spanish skills. Recommended that you have completed Spanish 2 (or equivalent) by date of travel (Summer 2011)
- Good academic standing
- Volunteer experience
- U.S. Citizen or Resident Alien (one parent is a green card holder)
Application deadline is January 17, 2011.
You can download an application here:
ATTENTION ALL APPLICANTS!!!!! THERE WAS AN ERROR ON THE FIRST FORMS WE HAD UPLOADED HERE–THE EMAIL ADDRESS FOR SUBMITTING ONLINE APPLICATIONS WAS WRONG:
Download the YA Application Form here!
If you are interested in becoming an ADULT MENTOR for the Youth Ambassadors next summer, please download the information and application here:
Please email and send your application to:
Mary Bradshaw, 2701 Goldenrod Rd. N.Newton KS 67117
Please download this flyer or forward it to those who may be interested–