Please join us for our next quarterly meeting. Here is the preliminary agenda.
Kansas Paraguay Partnership Meeting
Saturday, September 8, 2012
Location: Memorial Union, Room 048 (Phi Kappa Phi Room), Emporia State University campus, 12th and Commercial, Emporia, Kansas.
9:00am—Coffee and refreshments.
9:30—Call to Order
- Review and approval of the Minutes of the KPP Board meeting of 02 June, 2012.
- Treasurer’s Report—Dave Schafer
- President’s Report:
- Meeting with Ambassador Rigoberto Gauto and Secondary Kuni Hashimoto.
- Correspondence with Paraguayan Minister of Tourism, Liz Cramer, regarding travel to Kansas to discuss tourism and to visit several tourist locations in Kansas.
- Travel Request:
- Martin Cuellar
- Receive a presentation from Board Member Miguel Gonzalez-Abellas of his recent
trip to Paraguay.
- Review the new travel guide to Paraguay by Romy Nathalia Goldberg.
- Report on the CIRD project to strengthen the political party process in Paraguay.
- Discuss a suggestion from Steve Vetter, President,CEO of Partners of the Americas that a “case study” or journal article be prepared concerning the history of the Paraguay/Kansas student exchange program and the in-state tuition program for Paraguayan students attending Kansas universities.
- Discuss a proposal to create a framework to recognize individuals for significant annual and lifetime efforts to KPP.
- Discuss program possibilities for the KPP Annual meeting, March 8,2013 in Lawrence.
- Committee Reports:
- Emergency Preparedness—Steve & Lorraine Richards, and Scott Fromme
- Health—Merrill Raber
- Cultural Arts—Merrill Raber
- Education—John Poertner
- Natural Resources—Bob Klemm
- International Trade—Melissa Birch
- Civil Society—
- Other items of business (Old and New)
- Adjourn (gather for lunch at a location to be announced)