Final reminder – if you haven’t made a reservation for either the Friday dinner or Saturday Annual Meeting, email email@example.com immediately. We need to tell the caterers the number of attendees on Tuesday March 5.
The Kansas-Paraguay Quarterly meeting is Friday March 8 in the English Room of the University of Kansas Student Union. There is a dinner at 6 pm ($14.50) followed by the board meeting.
ANNUAL MEETING AGENDA
Saturday, March 9, 2013
DEVELOPMENT OF DEMOCRACY
Registration $25 Students $5
LOCATION: University of Kansas Student Union, Mallot Room
9:15am: Welcome and introduction of guest
9:15am-9:45am: Observations concerning the impeachment of President Lugo while traveling in Paraguay—KPP Board member Miguel Gonazlez-Abellas.
9:45am-11:00am: Report and panel discussion of the Public Policy and Presidential Elections Project.
- Dr. John Barnett, Professor of Political Science, Emporia State University.
- Dr. Bob Beatty, Professor of Political Science, Washburn University.
- Dr. Edward Flentje, Professor of Political Science, Wichita State University.
- Professor Jared Larson, St. Olaf College, Minnesota
- Dr. Michael Smith, Professor of Political Science, Emporia State University.
11:00am-11:30am: History of the Kansas Paraguay Partnership—KPP Board member Merrill Raber.
11:30am-12:00 Transporting fire and emergency rescue equipment to Paraguay—KPP Vice-President Steve Richards and KPP Board member Scott Fromme.
1:15pm Introduction and welcome to his Excellency Fernando Pfanni Caballero, Paraguayan Ambassador to the United States.
1:45pm Report of voting by the nominating Committee and the introduction of new officers and board members.
2:00pm Reports and comments of members.
Filed under: News from Paraguay