Kansas Paraguay Partners
Saturday, June 8, 2012
Location: 115 South Rutan, Wichita. 10th Floor, Sky Room. It’s the tall 10 story building at the corner of Rutan and Douglas, 1 block east of Hillside.
9:00am—Coffee and refreshments.
9:30am—Call to order—Introductions, changes and additions to the agenda
1. Approval of the Minutes of the KPP Board meeting of March 8, 2013 and the KPP Annual Meeting of March 9, 2013—Annette Voth.
2. Treasurer’s Report—John Poertner
3. President’s Report—Jay Newton—POA Conference in Colorado
4. Consider approval Partners of the Americas sexual harassment policy as applied to all POA affiliates.
5. Receive a report from Merrill Raber on the agreement to publish the KPP history.
6. Review of current POA Travel Grants:
a. Dr. Mario Feltes–Medical Education Exchange—pending
b. Ramon Grange—Emergency Management, POA Colorado meeting—completed.
c. Elena Sanchez Nilhas—CPK Education Chair—July 3-16, 2013
a. Selim Giray and Catherine Consiglio—KPP approved Dec. 2011
b. Jeremy Starr, Professor of violin at Emporia State University—POA approved and funded—Needs KPP concurrence.
7. Committee Reports:
Agriculture—John Barnett, Norman Schlesner
Cultural Arts—Martin Cuellar
Emergency Preparedness—Steve Richards, Scott Fromme
Health—Merrill and Boots Raber, Nan Porter
Citizen Participation—John Barnett, Ed Flentje
Education—Gonzalo Bruce, Bobby Winters (teacher exchange, university linkage), John Poertner, Paul Zagorski (scholarship), Mary Porterfield (K-12 student exchange)
International Trade—Melissa Birch
Natural Resources—Ted Cable, Bob Klemm
Women in Development—Virginia Moxley, Grace Hwang
8. Other items of Business (Old and New)
9. Adjourn (Join for lunch ½ block from meeting location)
Filed under: News from Paraguay