PARTNERS OF THE AMERICAS SINCE 1968
Kansas Paraguay Partners and its Paraguayan counterpart the Comité Paraguay Kansas is an international volunteer organization promoting people-to-people exchanges between Paraguayans and Kansans. Both organizations are members of the Partners of the Americas (POA), the Western hemisphere’s largest private, completely apolitical volunteer organization.
To see a complete list of Partnerships please go to: www.partners.net
States in the USA are partnered with regions or countries in Latin America and the Caribbean to facilitate cooperation and exchange. KPP is composed of over 10 committees that work on community-based projects, such as agriculture, civil society and health that benefit both sides of the partnership.
For more information on the Kansas Paraguay Partners, please download our brochure:
View KPP 990 2014
View KPP 990 2013
To Donate to KPP
All donations to Kansas-Paraguay Partners (KPP) are tax deductable. KPP is a 501 (c) (3) not for profit organization. The EIN for KPP is 48-0990816
Send donations to KPP treasurer John Poertner, 1646 Hillcrest Rd. Lawrence, KS 66044.
BECOME A MEMBER OF KANSAS-PARAGUAY PARTNERS TODAY!
Click here for the Kansas Paraguay Partners MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
Change of address or personal information?
Please send any change of address, telephone or email to
Dave Schafer, Membership Chair at:
2104 Fox Meadows; Manhattan, KS 66503
Website Admin: John Poertner
Kansas-Paraguay Partners Officers and Board Members.
President: Jay Newton
Vice President: Miguel Gonzales-Abellas
Secretary: Annette Voth
Treasurer: John Poertner
Other Board Members
The Kansas Paraguay Partners has an annual meeting in March.
We also have quarterly meetings in June, September and December.
Our active committees are:
• CIVIL SOCIETY: Human Rights, Citizen Empowerment
• CULTURAL ARTS: Visual Arts, Performing Arts; Cultures
• EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS: Firefighting, Disasters
• HEALTH: Family Practice, Mental Health, Preventive Medicine
• INTERNATIONAL TRADE: Kansas-Paraguay Commerce
• NATURAL RESOURCES: Wildlife Conservation, Ecotours
• REACH OUT: Public Awareness, Cultural Diversity
• UNIVERSITY LINKAGE: North–South Student Exchanges & Scholarships
• YOUTH: Sports, Education, Teacher Exchanges
Minutes of KPP Quarterly Meetings